The purple or magenta LED on the Orbi router is most likely indicating an internet network connection of the Netgear Orbi router. It is one of the most commonly faced issues by the Orbi router users. The purple LED is the router LED located on the back of the Orbi router depicting the Orbi router network behavior or status. This actually helps while setting up the Netgear Orbi wifi system during Orbi router setup with orbilogin.
Though the blinking purple/ magenta light can occur due to many reasons, the main reason is the wireless network error on your device.
The Possible Reasons to Why Orbi Router Behavior LED is Showing Magenta Light:
- As discussed above, the wireless internet network connection issue with the orbi router might be a reason.
- There may be an issue in the wireless network connectivity on the end of your ISP and you are unable to access orbilogin.
- The orbi router fails to sync with the Orbi satellite while orbi router setup – orbilogin.com setup.
- The Ethernet cable wire connection at LAN and WAN ports of the Orbi router may me loosely fixed. Orbilogin not secure.
- It is likely that the Orbi router is facing multiple issues and is on system run for diagnosing process.
- The internet wiring may have been damaged and thus orbilogin not working.
- The fibre cable from ISP may have developed wear and tear.
- Changes in the Obi router’s configuration of the wireless router network through orbilogin.com orbi login address can cause this issue.
- The Orbi router’s firmware may need an update using www.orbilogin.com manual or automatic firmware update. The firmware may have been corrupted or crashed.
- Viruses and bugs can be a reason too in causing improper functioning of the router.
- There might be some kind of serious defect with the Orbi router and requires replacement.
Troubleshooting to Fix Purple or Magenta LED –Causing Unable to Access Orbilogin:
- Reboot the Netgear Orbi router by turning off from power and then turn it on again. Allow it to be stable.
- Ensure that the wireless device as your computer is connected to the Orbi wifi network through successful wired or wireless connections.
- Check if the WAN port configuration is proper as this may cause pulsing purple LED. This would also cause orbilogin not working error while using orbi login address.
- Check your internet settings with your Internet service provider for the lost internet connection.
- Ensure there are no loose wired connections of the Ethernet cable or internet wiring.
- Check if the Ethernet cable is firmly fixed into the correct ports to orbilogin.com setup.
- Magenta LED light also shows failed sync to the Orbi router while orbilogin.com setup. You must move the Orbi satellite for positioning in close location to the orbi router.
- Try to reset Netgear orbi router to fix pulsating purple or magenta LED and try to sync the Orbi router and Orbi satellite again.