You can always use Netgear Orbi router models as an Access point. The access point permits you to establish a connection between a new and an existing router to extend the wireless network signals across your home at different locations.
To use the Orbi router as an access point, connection must be affixed between your Netgear router and the existing home router or modem. The access point setup can allow many routers to connect in a line to permit wide users to connect to the extended existing network from the main home router. Following this, you will have to do Ntgear orbi router configuration to access the settings page to create an AP mode.
Setting configuration is possible through Netgear Orbi login making use of the orbilogin.com web address.
Here are subsequent steps in order to let you use your Netgear orbi router as an access point to your existing home router.
- The initial step is to affix a connection:-
- Couple an Ethernet cable to the internet port of your Netgear Orbi router at one of its ends and to the LAN port on the back of your existing home network router.
- Get your computer or laptop which is already connected to the existing home router’s wireless network.
- The connections can either be wired with making use of Ethernet cable to the computer or it can be wireless utilizing wireless network password of the existing home network.
- Go to the web browser window on your connected device.
- Set through Netgear orbi login from the device using the web protocol address.
- The web address for Netgear orbi login is orbilogin.com or you the default LAN IP gateway which can lead you to the Netgear orbi login.
- The Orbi login page gets opened following Orbi login.
- Key in the required default or changed Netgear orbi login details – username as well as password.
- The default Orbi login input key is “admin” which should be entered in both the login fields.
- If you change the login key while prior Netgear orbi login, you must enter those changed login details.
- The Netgear Basic home setup page appears as a new window.
- Go to the Advanced tab option and select Advanced setup option.
- Opt for Router/AP mode.
- You are permitted to select the router or access point mode as an option.
- For connecting the Orbi router as an access point, you will have to select AP mode.
- Apply the settings.
- You will then have to configure the Netgear orbi router login default IP address settings from the existing router.
The Netgear Orbi router’s wireless Access point mode allows it to work as a separate wireless access point on your existing home router network.